Our Privacy Promise
This statement sets out the standards that you can expect from us in handling any information you entrust to us.
What you can expect from us
- Where you have a choice as to whether to provide us with your information, or what we do with it, we aim to make it is as easy as possible to exercise that choice.
- We always set out the reasons for the collection of information, and only use it for those reasons.
- Only information which we actually need is collected and processed.
- Your personal information is seen only by authorised staff who need it to perform their duties.
- Any information which we no longer need is deleted, unless we are compelled to keep it by law. Where we cannot, we will make this clear.
- We will provide you with the ability to review and manage your information.
- Decisions affecting you are made only on the basis of reliable and up-to-date information.
- We will apply reasonable protections from unauthorised or accidental disclosure.
- A copy of any information we hold about you is provided to you on request and we will honour your requests and rights, subject to the relevant appropriate legal restrictions and guidelines.
- Any inaccurate or misleading information is checked and corrected as soon as you bring this to our attention.
- We will put in place appropriate controls to manage any third-party vendor or supplier we deal with, holding them accountable via contract to specific standards, and ensuring they do not act without our instruction, passing on your choices and restrictions.
- Proper procedures are in place for dealing promptly with any complaints that you make. The principles apply to personal information that we hold in all formats, including computer and paper based records.
- We will only share information with external agencies for specified purposes, for reasons required by law or with your consent.
Cameron Accounting Limited is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and to complying with all applicable data privacy and security including, but not limited to, the EU general Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Cameron Accounting may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23 May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Contact details – We may collect information about data subjects such as name and contact details (email, phone number, etc.) to communicate and facilitate the provision of our services with our clients or potential clients. This may include contact details of individuals who work for or on behalf of the clients.
- Services details – Personal data may be provided to us by clients to the extent required to perform our services. Cameron Accounting may also acquire personal data from a third party at the direction of our client as required to perform some of our services.
- Marketing information – Cameron Accounting may collect information to respond to inquiries regarding our products and services or to provide you with information, reports, or updates.
- Website visitor information – when you visit our website, we may collect information about your visit such as your IP address and the pages you visited and when you use our services we may collect information on how you use those services. Please see our Cookies Policy for additional information.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide the products or perform the services requested by clients and individuals pursuant to a letter of engagement, statement of work, or similar (where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests in conducting and managing our business)
- To provide the products or perform the services requested by clients and individuals using our website or web applications where the processing is necessary for our legitimate business interests in conducting, managing and developing our business.
- For complying with obligations provided by laws, current regulations and legislation where processing is based on a legal obligation
- We may periodically send promotional emails or advise your through phone call, or post about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
How Data is Processed
Personal data is processed both manually and electronically in accordance with the above-mentioned purposes and in compliance with current regulations. We permit only authorised Cameron Accounting employees and Third-Party processors to have access to your information. Such employees and Third-Party processors are appropriately designated and trained to process data only according to the instructions we provide them.
Storage of Personal Data
Cameron Accounting will retain personal data for a reasonable period, taking into account legitimate business needs to capture and retain such information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Disclosure/Sharing of Personal Data
We only share your personal data with your consent or in accordance with this policy. We will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us except as described in this Privacy Notice.
- Cameron Accounting may share your information with external third parties, such as vendors, consultants and other service providers who are performing certain services on behalf of Cameron Accounting. Such third parties have access to personal data solely for the purposes of performing the services specified in the applicable service contract, and not for any other purpose Cameron Accounting requires these third parties to undertake security measures consistent with the protections specified in this notice.
- Cameron Accounting may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If Cameron Accounting enters into a joint venture with or is merged with another business entity, your information may be disclosed to our new business partners.
As a Data Subject you have the following rights concerning your data processed by Cameron Accounting:
- You have the right to access personal information that Cameron Accounting holds about you.
- You have the right to ask us to rectify information that Cameron Accounting holds about you if it is inaccurate or not complete.
- You can request that Cameron Accounting erase your personal data. We will keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
- You have the right to ask Cameron Accounting to restrict how we process your data. This means we are permitted to store the data but not further process it. We keep just enough data to make sure we respect your request in the future.
- Where processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to Cameron Accounting processing your data. Cameron Accounting will discontinue processing your data, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. We will keep basic data to identify you and retain it solely for preventing further unwanted processing.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request access, rectification, or erasure, or to restrict processing, to object to processing, to request data portability.
Providing Information to Cameron Accounting
If you choose not to provide certain personal information, it may be an impediment to the exchange of information necessary for the execution of the contract or provision of services to you and we may not be able to provide you with some services and you may not be able to participate in some of the activities on our website(s).
Identity and contact details of controller and Privacy Manager
- Cameron Accounting is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the DPA
- If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact our Data Protection Officer : Ewen Cameron, at email@example.com
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Cameron Accounting Limited, 22 McDonald Crescent, Falkirk, FK2 9FL.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Cameron Accounting and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Nothing in this website is professional advice. Professional advice should be taken before taking any decision.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Cameron Accounting. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Cameron Accounting takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.